E-news for February 5, 2016
Restoration Times Online
The January/February edition of the Restoration Times magazine is now available to read online. In this newest edition we review the history of Valentine’s Day, the life and reign of King Hezekiah, lessons from the story of Jonah, and dangerous assumptions about the Bible. We also offer explanations for some of the most perplexing passages directly from the Restoration Study Bible along with in-depth answers to some of the frequently asked questions. There is also a special invite to the upcoming Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread. In addition to being available online, those who donate a one-time donation of $25 or more will receive a hard copy of this eye-opening publication by postal mail as a gift from the Ministry.
Pastor Randy Coming to St. Louis
Pastor Randy Folliard will be visiting YRM’s Sabbath fellowship in O’Fallon, Missouri, and hosting Bible study and worship servicetomorrow. The Bible study is scheduled for 11:30 am and the service for 1:30 pm. All sincere truth seekers are invited! The street address is 8001 Oakhaven Drive. For those in the area, worship services are held every Sabbath. For more information, contact our Sabbath partner, Vince Baugh, at 314-420-1853 or the Ministry at (573) 896-1000 or visit us online. “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25.
New Moon Confirmed
The new moon crescent of the 11th biblical month was seen in the continental U.S. Sunday evening, January 10. The new moon of the 12th month is scheduled to be seen the evening of February 9. Since there a slight chance the barley will be in Abib by this upcoming new moon, there will likely be a 13th month added (traditionally called Adar II, indicating a biblical leap year).
- Sunset: 5:39 pm
- Moonset: 7:13 pm
- Moon age: 32 hours
- Moon attitude: 16 degrees
- Degrees from sun: 5.8 degrees
- Illumination: 2.0%
The above information is based on mid-Missouri
Join YRM in the following locations for Sabbath worship. To learn more, including how to become a Sabbath partner in your area, contact the Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 896-1000. Also, visit us online for locations, times, and local contacts.
- Holts Summit, Missouri
- O’Fallon, Missouri
- Woodland Hills, California
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Milton, Delaware
- Tottenham, Ontario, Canada
Please keep the below in prayer:
- Continued Prayer: Elder Bob Wirl, Bob Wells, Dreama Simmons, Melodie Illgen, Qaumaniq Suuqiina, Justina Ryan, AJ Hancock, John Fisher and family, Dick and Ros Fisher, Jesse Cox, Gayle Bonato, Ricardo Angolano, Susie Hylton, Millie Deck
- Healing: Elizabeth Gonzales, Frank Ashfield, Melanie M., Rosie Hood, Theresa Cecil
- Medical Procedure: Jeffrey M. Jr.
- Passing of a Loved One: Ron Beatty Family
- Acceptance of Truth: Eleanor Vira, Hubbard Family, Lind Family, Linda T., Maczko Family, Maison Family, Melanie M., Mitchel Family, Nichols Family, Stiolfuss Family, Thomas Family
- Guidance: Elizabeth Gonzales, Mike Hurt, Vira family, Jones family, Gosselin family
- Wisdom: Daniel Bowman, Jordan Vira, Maricar Dalmacio, Mereliz Magdadaro
- Yahweh Knows: Alayna, Dot Hubbard, Joanie B., Josh and Jamie Boyd and baby Clara, Luc and Heather Preston, Mary Cassidy, Michael Hubbard, Stacey Brown, Ferrell family, Troy Ellis, Vincent
TEST YOUR TUTELAGE
Why is the phrase “April Fools” important to understand?
A. So that we don’t repeat the same foolish mistakes as our ancestors
B. The month of April is pagan and should be avoided
C. It provides evidence for the first biblical month
D. There is no significance
While the origins are a bit murky, many historians believe that this term was used to refer to those who rejected the transition from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar, which moved the beginning of the year from March 25 to January 1. According to history.com, “Some historians speculate that April Fools’ Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. People who were slow to get the news or failed to recognize that the start of the new year had moved to January 1 and continued to celebrate it during the last week of March through April 1 became the butt of jokes and hoaxes. These included having paper fish placed on their backs and being referred to as ‘poisson d’avril’ (April fish), said to symbolize a young, easily caught fish and a gullible person.” According to the Scripture, the first biblical month is called Abib, which literally means young ears of grain (barley) and occurs sometime in March or April of our current calendar, Exodus 9:31 and Deuteronomy 16:1.
May Yahweh bless,