E–news for May 6, 2016
Pentecost, May 15, 1:30 PM
Yahweh’s Restoration Ministry will be observing the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) next Sunday, May 15. All sincere seekers of truth are welcome to join us here at Holts Summit, Missouri, for Pentecost weekend. If you’re not in the area and unable to travel to Missouri, we plan to have a special live broadcast at 1:30 PM, Central. This day is special for numerous reasons. It represents the giving of the Law in the Old Testament and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. It’s also one of the three pilgrimage Feasts.
Baptism of a New Brother in Messiah
We had the blessing of adding a new brother to the faith today. Edward Cole, along with his wife Mary, made the trip from Florida in order for Edward to be immersed into Yahshua’s Name. We extend our congratulations to Edward and pray that Yahweh’s blessings be upon him and his family. We would also ask that you keep him prayer. Baptism is the most important commitment we make in this life. As Paul explains in the sixth chapter of Romans, those immersed die to their old man and are raised as a new creatures in Messiah, waiting for the ultimate transformation from flesh to spirit. Baptism officiated by Pastor Randy Folliard
Registration for Feast of Tabernacles
Join us for the Feast of Tabernacles! Registration is now available online. This year’s Feast will again be at Camp Allen near Greenville, Missouri, from the evening ofSeptember 16 – 24. This beautiful park in the middle of Mark Twain National Forest is in the southeast corner of Missouri. Not only is this Feast commanded, but it’s a tremendous blessing for all in attendance, offering a Kingdom-like feel. For additional information, including worship, activities, and lodging, visit us online. You will also find there a registration form and pictures from last year’s Feast observance.
Join Pastor Randy for Sabbath in O’Fallon
Pastor Randy Folliard will be in O’Fallon, Missouri, tomorrow, May 7, to host Bible Study and Sabbath services. The address is 8001 Oakhaven Drive. In the Bible Study he plans to review the importance of baptism into Yahshua’s Name. So if you are contemplating baptism and would like to understand this subject better, come and join us for Sabbath fellowship. In addition to Bible Study, he will also provide a message on the mechanics of the biblical calendar and explain why this year’s biblical year is different from the Jewish calendar. Bible Study starts at 12:00 pm and Service at 1:30 pm. There will also be a fellowship meal after the service. Come and experience YRM in O’Fallon.
Discover the Truth Talk Live
You are invited to join us for another Discover the Truth Talk Live webcast on Friday, May 27, at 7:30 pm, Central at yrm.org/live. Elders Alan Mansager and Randy Folliard from Yahweh’s Restoration Ministry along with Elder Pete Vacca from Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) will be in attendance. We may also have a fourth guest panel member. We plan to review the impact of Syrian and Middle Eastern immigrants in Europe, Islamic terror cells in Europe and US, and possibly the transgender / homosexual movement. We will also be taking your questions near the end of the broadcast. Mark it on your calendar and don’t miss this next webinar.
The new moon of the third biblical month is anticipated for tomorrow evening, May 7. Below is the information for next month’s new moon, based on mid-Missouri:
- Sunset: 8:07 pm
- Moonset: 9:17 pm
- Moon age: 29 hours
- Moon attitude: 12 degrees
- Degrees from sun: 12 degrees
- Illumination: 1.7%
Join YRM in the following locations for Sabbath worship. To learn more, including how to become a Sabbath partner in your area, contact the Ministry at email@example.com or (573) 896-1000. Also, visit us online for locations, times, and local contacts.
- Holts Summit, Missouri
- O’Fallon, Missouri
- Woodland Hills, California (No service from May 14-21)
- Denver, Colorado
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Milton, Delaware
- Tottenham, Ontario, Canada
Please remember the following in prayer:
- Continued Prayer: Elder Bob Wirl, Bob Wells, Dreama Simmons, Melodie Illgen, Qaumaniq Suuqiina, Justina Ryan, AJ Hancock, John Fisher and family, Dick and Ros Fisher, Gayle Bonato, Ricardo Angolano, Susie Hylton, Millie Deck, Adi Stahlin, Jesse Cox, Kim and Kenny Miller
- Healing: Byron Bola, Charles Wayne Pitchford, Donna Bitterman, Hailee Maczko, Heather Lind, Judith Hubbard, Kimberly Murray, Linda Marie Drewelow, Mary Aragone, Melanie M., Michael Harris, Raleigh Illgen, Randall Serfass, Sophia Christensen, Sylvina Mitchell, Theresa Cecil, Valerie Noboa
- Children: Mary Ann Cole-Dia
- Passing of a Loved One:
- Safety and Protection: Jones family, Tim and Terra, Vira family
- Acceptance of Truth: Eleanor Vira, Hubbard family, Kimberly Murray, Lind family, Maczko family, Maison family, Mitchell family, Nichols family, Pavlovich family, Stollfuss family, Thomas family
- Knowledge: Kimberly Murray, Ratna Paul Paladugu
- Employment: Donnie Miller, Kimberly Murray, Michael Hubbard, Yvonne
- Finances: Brenda Kiser
- Guidance: Dot Hubbard, Kimberly Murray, Mike Hurt
- Yahweh Knows: Audrey Ramadan, Brenda Riddle, Carey family, Catie Mohkovic, Cindi Masetta, David and Judy, Donna Wahlers, Dot Hubbard, Gabriel M & family, Kimberly Murray, Lee McKallip, Lemley family, Linda G. Young, Linda Marie Drewelow, Mary Carey, Nesta family, Pamela Nettles, Ralph Tomkins, Rivera family, Rolando
TEST YOUR TUTELAGE
Who was Marcion of Sinope?
A. A Christian poet that converted to Judaism
B. A heretic of the Roman Church
C. The successor of the Apostle Paul
D. The first bishop of Rome
Marcion of Sinope (85 – 160 CE) was an important leader of the early Christian Church who was eventually deemed a heretic for his unorthodox views. He rejected the literality of the Hebrew Scriptures or the Old Testament. While accepting Yahweh as the Creator of the physical universe, he called Him the “Demiurge” and viewed Him as a jealous tribal deity of the Jews. In this way, he shared parallels with Gnosticism, which viewed the physical universe negatively and inferior to the spiritual. Marcion also saw the Messiah’s physical body as only an imitation of the spiritual and thus he denied His physical birth, death, and resurrection. As the basis for his teachings, he accepted only parts of Luke and ten of Paul’s epistles. Correct: B
May Yahweh bless,